Mobility scooters give you the freedom and independence to move around easily. You might be a new rider or an experienced one, but it is always good to remember the rules and understand that the pedestrians and your safety are a number one priority. In this post, you will find our top tips on staying safe on your mobility scooter.
Our top 5 tips for mobility scooter safety
- Quality and tailored to your needs – Do not rush into buying just any mobility scooters. There are plenty in the market that you might like but you should strongly follow your doctor’s advice or seek professional recommendations, who will be able to guide you into decision making. You should feel comfortable and be able to use your mobility scooters easily.
- Training or practising until you are confident – It is crucial to be confident when you ride your mobility scooter out in public. You may come across various situations that will test you, but it is crucial to remain calm and be aware. You can only achieve the level of confidence by taking it slow – practice before going out in public and then eventually taking it slow when out in public.
- Follow the rules – Do not rush or speed even when in you’re in a hurry. There are rules that you need to follow as set by The Scooter Highway Code.
- Awareness – You need to constantly review if you are able to ride your scooter without any difficulties. If you are suffering from any illnesses or feel the need to check up with your doctor, then please do not get on your mobility scooter unless permitted by your doctor. Always remember to self-assess before getting on your mobility scooter.
- Maintaining your mobility scooter – Just like we take care of our car and other vehicles, it is crucial to maintain and get your mobility scooter serviced regularly. The better you take care of your mobility scooter, the more reliable it is going to be and serve you well. Ensure to get checked by a professional technician.
Hopefully, our top tips on mobility scooters safety will help you make a better judgement and take necessary precautions. If you have any queries or require any guidance, please contact us. You might be interested in checking out our various types of high-quality mobility scooters. We offer competitive pricing on all mobility scooter repairs and servicing. We also have mobility scooters available for hire.