Independent Living is one of the leading suppliers of high-quality wheelchairs in Somerset and has been proudly helping to transform those impacted by mobility issues’ lives for the better. We offer an extensive range of quality wheelchairs and other walking aids that are all suitable for different levels of mobility. Our expert team comes with a wealth of experience and will advise you on the best mobility solution for your situation.
Don’t let your mobility issues hold you back from living your life to the full, get in touch to discuss our range of wheelchairs and other products today.
Types Of Wheelchairs We Have Available
At Independent Living, we know how important getting the right mobility support is for daily excursions which is why we provide a range of affordable, lightweight and quality wheelchairs for our customers in Minehead, somerset. Types of wheelchairs that we supply include:
- Made from lightweight aluminium available to both transit and self-propelled models.
- Transit wheelchairs need to be pushed by an attendant and self-propelled can be manoeuvred by the user, both chairs fold for transportation and are easy to lift in a car.
- We offer lightweight transit wheelchairs, giving you the freedom to be easily transported from A to B
- These attendant-propelled wheelchairs have smaller wheels, making them easy to manoeuvre, so your carers will be able to navigate even the tightest of spaces
- A self-propelled wheelchair gives you the freedom to explore, whilst also providing maximum comfort
- These wheelchairs are manoeuvred by the user and are easily folded to fit in a vehicle
Lightweight Occasional Use Wheelchairs
- Lightweight and fold to store in a bag, suitable for occasional use – ie Doctors or hospital visits.
Lightweight Active Wheelchairs
- These wheelchairs are for general lightweight use. Each one is designed to be easily moveable, and this allows for optimum speed and efficiency when out and about.
Lightweight Folding Wheelchairs
- If travelling is something that you enjoy, then one of these folding wheelchairs is ideal. They are designed to be stored easily, whether that’s in a car, or in a cupboard once you arrive at your destination.
- Whether you use this wheelchair occasionally, or every day, the comfort that is offered is great for all needs and requirements. Each one is constructed from lightweight titanium, meaning that they’re also great for active people too.
Cushions for all user needs are available from us.
Reliable Walking Aid Products
Whatever your age, requirements and mobility condition, our walking aid products are completely tailored to you. If you are looking for a reliable walking aid solution, Independent Living is your best choice and the leading mobility experts in Somerset. The walking aid products that we provide are listed below. We provide all other essential mobility products, including stairlifts, mobility scooters and many more.
Call us today, in Minehead, Somerset, to find out more about our lightweight wheelchairs and walking sticks.
Whether you want a traditional wooden walking stick with a crooked handle, or a folding stick to fit in a backpack, we have something perfect for you.
We provide you with everything you need to remain independent, safe, and supported. For further assistance, we’re also able to supply tripods and quadrupeds.
These walking aids are practical and are the most manoeuvrable walking aids on offer. This is because you’re able to fold them for easy storage and transportation. Each tri-wheel walker comes with easy-to-use breaks and a waterproof storage bag.
These lightweight walkers come with four wheels, and this is to give you the best support possible. Each walker also comes with its own seat, so you’re able to pause for a little while when you’re out and about.
This is twinned with back support to give you the very best in comfort and usability. You might also be interested in our Cosyfeet & Sandpiper Shoes to prevent swollen feet.
Walking frames are supplied in wheel or non-wheeled versions, lightweight and available in various heights and widths these are ideal for indoor use or as a temporary aid.
Are designed to give you the best support possible with adjustable arms and brakes. Seating and backrest add to the convenience of a 4-wheel rollator.
Offer Manovarability and are easy to fold and store, and also have adjustable arms and brakes. We now offer a three-wheel rollator with a seat for added convenience.