Keep on Moving
At every stage of life, we need to keep moving. Whether that’s on your own two feet, or on one of our scooters, getting out and about is vital for vitality, liberty, and dignity. We do everything possible to keep you active, mobile, and independent.
The scooter is ideal for all sorts of escapades, including city explorations and walks in the countryside. Car transportable and folding mobility scooters are a great option as you are able to store them in the car when going further afield. The features and portability make them much more preferable than a wheelchair or traditional walking aid.
Types of Scooters
A mobility scooter rather than a powered wheelchair, is the best choice for those able to travel relatively independently, get on and off the scooter without assistance, and use a bicycle style steering column.
We’ve sorted our scooter range into three categories – small, medium, and large. This is to ensure that you choose the right product for your needs and lifestyle.
We offer very competitive pricing on all mobility scooter repairs & servicing.
Our friendly & fully qualified staff are always happy to help!
The benefits of small scooters are:
- Usually Portable
- Foldable/ Easy to Dismantle
- Able to Be Used at Home
- Not Suitable for Road Use
- Generally Have a Lower Weight Capacity (135kg/ 21 Stone)
- Have a Smaller Average Range (10 Miles on a Single Charge)
Medium Scooters (Class 2 and Class 3)
The benefits of medium scooters are:
- Able to Transport More Weight (135kg – 150kg/ 21 Stone – 25 Stone)
- Travel up to 6mph
- A Class 3 Model is Road-Legal (if Taxed)
- Greater Travel Range (20 Miles on a Single Charge)
- Wider Turning Circle
- Not as Easy to Dismantle
- Difficult to Transport in Small Vehicles
Large, Road-Legal Scooters
The benefits of large scooters are:
- Suitable for Long Distances and Rough Surfaces
- Carries between 20 and 30 Stone (up to 250kg)
- Travel up to 8mph (Limited to 4mph on Pavements)
- Larger Seats
- Include Lights, Indicators, and Horn
- Greater Travel Range (between 25 and 30 Miles on a Single Charge)
- Not Easy to Dismantle
- Not Easily Transportable
- You Need a Place to Store It at Home
- Class 3 Scooters Must be Registered with the DVLA, and Require Road Tax (Free)
Call our experienced team, in Minehead, Somerset,
for more information on our modern mobility scooters and stair lifts.
Department for Transport Classifications
Class 2 products are only for use on the pavement and have a maximum speed of 4mph. Class 3 products must be registered with the DVLA and require road tax, which is provided by DVLA for free. They’re allowed to travel up to 8mph on roads, but must only be driven at 4mph on pavements.
All new scooters have either a year or two year manufactures warranty (dependant on manufacturer). All our pre owned scooters are fully serviced and offered with a minimum of a three month warranty.